AK officially opens this weekend on Saturday at 10:00. It is very exciting as we have been putting in countless hours of hard work to clean up the mess we made last year. Sometimes I wonder if the property is used by a group of drunk college boys during the winter. It is a huge mess every spring.
Lizzy Horn is back as our pool manager and she has lots of fun planned for the year! Be sure to stop by and ask her about her school year. She has an amazing story about how she ended up on a train in Nepal with a polar bear and a 3 Elvis impersonators.
Here is a top 10 list of things you need to remember for you to fully experience the opening weekend at your club.
1. Sun screen is more important than you remember.
2. Drinking water is more important than you remember.
3. Drinking wine is more important than water or sun screen.
4. Never underestimate the value spending time at a place with no TVs or XBOX.
5. You never bring enough wine.
6. You should probably buy an extra bottle for that family that fed your kids last year.
7. Food trucks are not to be missed.
8. Fourth of July
9. Saturday's are the least crowded day all summer. (Sorry Wade. I know that's your little secret)
10. No llamas allowed. This year we mean it, Karl. Even if it is wearing a fun hat.