AK officially opens this weekend on Saturday at 10:00. It is very exciting as we have been putting in countless hours of hard work to clean up the mess we made last year. Sometimes I wonder if the property is used by a group of drunk college boys during the winter. It is a huge mess every spring.
Lizzy Horn is back as our pool manager and she has lots of fun planned for the year! Be sure to stop by and ask her about her school year. She has an amazing story about how she ended up on a train in Nepal with a polar bear and a 3 Elvis impersonators.
Here is a top 10 list of things you need to remember for you to fully experience the opening weekend at your club.
1. Sun screen is more important than you remember.
2. Drinking water is more important than you remember.
3. Drinking wine is more important than water or sun screen.
4. Never underestimate the value spending time at a place with no TVs or XBOX.
5. You never bring enough wine.
6. You should probably buy an extra bottle for that family that fed your kids last year.
7. Food trucks are not to be missed.
8. Fourth of July
9. Saturday's are the least crowded day all summer. (Sorry Wade. I know that's your little secret)
10. No llamas allowed. This year we mean it, Karl. Even if it is wearing a fun hat.
The pool opens very soon as summer 2018 is just a few days away. Frankly I'm too lazy to look at the actual date, so click here to check it out for yourself. We have lots of parties planned, sun burns expected and hotdogs to BBQ. It's going to be a great summer.
We are also very excited about our latest club investment. If you've driven by the pool you probably noticed we replaced the remainder of the cedar fence. The new fence is a composite material which should last forever, or until some idiot drives through it. It's wicked expensive, so we will not be providing toilet paper this year. But I think its worth it. We also leveled out the grass adjacent to the pool to offer more soft and plush grass.
More 2018 announcements are coming soon. You should begin to mentally prepare yourself for the crazy.